Jal Jeevan Mission
Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) is a central government project under the department of drinking water and sanitation, Ministry of Jal Shakti with the vision of Every rural household has drinking water supply in adequate qauntit of prescribed quality on regular and long-term basis at affordable service delivery charges leading to improvement in living standards of rural communities by 2024 through individual Functional Household Tap Connections (FHTCs) to all households in rural India. JJM is based on a community approach to water and will include extensive Information, Education and Communication as a key component of the mission. BeFORE has been appointed as implementing supporting agency for Elamkunnappuzh and Udayamperoor Panchayath of Ernakulam district.
- Giving awareness sessions regarding water quality and its management
- School level awareness programs through students club
- Health study of the community
- Need assessment and problem identification using PRA method
- Conducting different levels of competitions